Thursday, September 22, 2011

Rhett's Surprise Shower

Sunday at lunch at Marketplace Julie got the keys from Mike and said, "I'm going to go pick up those ballet shoes." I thought it was a little weird to be picking up shoes on a Sunday, but I didn't think anything about it. She got up early and left, and I was going to give Mike and the kids a ride home. I made my way to Mike and Julie's. Anna led Mary Ella up to the house while I stayed back and cleaned up some trash out of the car. I was thinking about getting back to Joe and Rita's and getting packed to head home. I was the last one in the house, and when I walked in everyone was standing in the living room and yelled, "Surprise!" I was like, "What?" I saw presents on the coffee table and thought they were for my birthday, but, no, I asked for no gifts and had already received money for my camera. Everyone was excited, and I was confused. They said, "Read the sign." It said, "It's a boy." I was like, "Who's pregnant?" I wondered if Julie and Mike had gotten some news about the adoption that I didn't know about. I looked at Julie, and she looked extra excited. I seriously wondered if she was pregnant.
This is me looking so confused. It was a stupid reaction...of course it was a shower for Rhett! How obvious! But I was honestly and sincerely clueless. Plus, you have to know this family. They keep no secrets...most of them, including my husband, don't even like surprises. So I guess I just figured if I was having a shower for Rhett I certainly would have known about it. Really wasn't expecting it at all...and I had been with them for days, so I can't believe how nobody let it slip. Especially Julie! She is like her brother and shows or tells me gifts before the appropriate time to give them. Ha! So, thanks for the surprise! It was wonderful to see family and friends and celebrate Rhett. Seeing his name on things makes it so real and exciting!




ME enjoying her very first Rick's petifor! Yummy!

ME hung out in Anna's room while I opened gifts.

The loot...got lots of cute Razorback gear! Thanks everyone!

First Razorback hat and Houndstooth tee from Gigi and Papa- and the Razorback fans say, "Amen!" And can you believe those Seven jeans? Oh my!

Precious

JuJu hooked us up on the Polo and swaddle blankets and burp cloths.

Love the Gone with the Wind reference...Thanks Dixie!

Hat and booties from Mia

He got 2 handmade blankets from 2 Aunt Nancy's!

And these will be treasured forever. Thanks Linda!

1 comment:

  1. So fun!! It's getting so close now! Those seven jeans seriously crack me up. I wish my size had elastic in the back:)

    ReplyDelete