Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Magic Kingdom- Day 5

Finally, Friday came and we went to Disneyworld! We picked the Magic Kingdom because we thought it would be the one Mary Ella would most enjoy since she is loving Mickey Mouse and Snow White and other Disney characters right now. Cinderella's castle truly is magical. The park would be more magical without all of the people! Ha! We thought we would miss the spring break crowd, and I'm sure it wasn't anywhere close to being as crowded as it can be, but I guess I was hoping we would have it all to ourselves. Yeah right! I also thought we would get there early and leave for lunch, nap, and come back. Wrong! I had no idea you had to take a train to even get out of the parking lot and then take a ferry or monorail to get inside the park. When we finally got there we decided to stay as long as ME would last. And she made it all day! Actually, it is more like Brad made it all day! Ha! We had a great time, but I probably enjoyed it the most. I have only been to Disneyland, so this was a first for me. And there was something about experiencing it with ME that I appreciated so much. She didn't love every second or understand it all by any means, but I just felt so blessed to even have this little angel to take to Disneyworld. I don't know if it is because my best friend just lost her baby, but I felt myself getting emotional watching ME take it all in. I teared up during the parade and the live show and It's a Small World and the fireworks! I don't know what it was, but I was just so happy to be there with our little family.
We finally made it!


We walked up just as Mickey's Dreams Come True show started in front of the castle. It had characters like Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, the princesses, Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Malificent, and more. It was really cute and got us in the Disney spirit!
Mary Ella was in awe!


Eyes glued on Mickey

She did not want it to end!

Then we headed to Fantasyland where we spent most of the day. I was a little disappointed Toontown was closed for construction. That was where you can tour Mickey and Minnie's houses.
Riding the Mad Tea Party

Daddy making the teacups spin

Afterwards, we ran into the white rabbit from Alice and Wonderland. ME's face cracks me up!

Getting ready to watch Mickey's Philharmonic in 3D- really cool, but it freaked Mary Ella out! She made it through though!

Waiting to ride Dumbo- this was our longest wait, probably 30 minutes. We rode most of the rides in Fantasyland alot faster: King Arthur's Carousel, Snow White's Scary Adventures, It's a Small World, and Peter Pan's Flight

As you can see she was not impressed with Dumbo.

Also not impressed with a Pinocchio spotting. It was time for a lunch break at this point. Other character spottings were: Winnie the Pooh and Tigger, Ariel and Eric, Tangled Prince and Princess, Chip and Dale, Pluto, Mickey and Minnie. We got very close to Mickey and Minnie, but they had to leave before we made it, probaly the only thing I wish we had gotten to do.


Probably her favorite ride! We could do this at the Jackson Zoo. Go figure!



Spending some quality time with Dumbo

Back of Cinderella's castle




Waiting for the parade










So cool! She loved it, and so did I!

Wating to see the princesses

This was right before the one and only Disney meltdown. She convinced me to get her out of the stroller and let her run around. But she has no concept of personal space and was getting way too friendly with strangers and their strollers and bags, etc. So, I picked her up to put her back in the stroller, and she wasn't having it. I can't blame her. She was strapped in or carried most of the day, and everyone knows toddlers are happiest when they are down and running around. It didn't last long. Paci was a good friend to us this trip. Then came my (almost) meltdown when we had almost made it through the line and the princesses called it quits. Evidently there was an electrical issue? We were given a voucher to move to the front of the line of any ride in the park. This mama wasn't happy. It turns out, that they got the issue fixed and we basically got our same spot back in line. The wait was totally worth it because each one squatted down and talked to and loved on Mary Ella. She loved it, ran up to each princess, and the pictures are priceless!



See what I mean? She thought she was hot stuff!





Thank you Aurora, Cinderella, and Bealle! Snow White, where were you? You missed your biggest fan!

We even lasted for the fireworks! A-mazing! It was the perfect ending!

Tired little princess

No comments:

Post a Comment