Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Goodies

Yesterday I made some Christmas goodies for our upcoming get togethers. I made Kelly's cheeseball, chocolate chip cream cheese dip, red velvet cake balls, and snowman sugar cookies. I usually do my cooking with Mary Ella running around, in and out of the kitchen, and under my feet. But today I let her help with the sugar cookies! Well, it was a very controlled environment. We were in Gigi's kitchen afterall, but it was fun! We put on our aprons, and I let her stand in a chair so she could see what I was doing on the island. I mixed the dough, and she watched as I rolled it out and cut out the snowmen. We counted them as we put them on the cookie sheets, and I let her play around with the flour and left over dough. We made a few over 2 dozen, and then it was time for her nap. I decorated about half of them to take to Na Na's, but I saved the rest for the kids, including ME, to decorate. It should be interesting to see if she gets the idea or just goes straight for the snowman's head, like she did with the gingerbread cookie Gigi let her eat the other day.

Flour on the apron, proof of hard work in the kitchen



I got giddy just thinking about all the cooking we will do together! Hopefully this was just the beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment