Wednesday, April 28, 2010

37 Weeks

37 Weeks Old









Mary Ella and her paci have been besties lately. I hope it's just a teething thing. I don't want her to run around with that thing in her mouth all the time. She usually only wants it before bed and naptime, but I have been giving it to her when she fusses because I think her gums are hurting.


What a week! Last Sunday Mary Ella got her first tooth, on Friday she started crawling, Saturday she could go from belly to sitting up, and by Sunday she was trying to pull up! Whew! Here's the week in review.
We enjoyed more beautiful weather this week, and ME and I got out and about. We walked down to the Brodie Creek pond, and Mary Ella really spotted the ducks for the first time. We went on walks with Daddy a few nights and found the hidden pond in our neighborhood. We could see lots of fish swimming at the top of the water, so Brad is all ready to take his poles back down there. On Wednesday Lindsay and Gunnar took us on a special walk- up and down all the hills in the neighborhood. Needless to say my butt was burning by the time I got home. Thanks alot Lindsay!
We did a little spring cleaning too! I have been putting off sorting through ME's baby stuff and deciding what to keep and what to donate. Well, I got in her closets and drawers one day this week and moved out all the 0-6 month stuff. That was a little sad. I kept most of it in case we have another girl, but I really didn't want to put any of it away.
This weekend Brad went turkey hunting (again), but before he did we ate out Thursday night at Casa Manana. I think it may be our new favorite place! So, ME and I decided to head down to Hope for the weekend. Friday morning we were in the bathroom getting ready, and Mary Ella was getting tired of being in her exersaucer, so I sat her down on our bedroom floor with some toys. Well she got on her tummy and proceeded to pull herself into the bathroom. And just like that, she started crawling. Not on her hands and knees, but not really just using her arms either. She pulls with her arms and pushes with her legs too. I was so proud of her! And she was proud of herself too! She started patting the tile with her little hands, and then she leaned her head down and licked it. Gross! It may be my bathroom floor, but it's still a bathroom floor. I picked her up, and put her back in the bedroom, and she did the exact same thing again. It totally clicked with her what she had done. So, we headed down to Mia's with new tricks in our bag. She spent most of the weekend down on the floor practicing her new skill.
Friday we got to my mom's in time for lunch, and after ME's afternoon nap we headed to Patmos to visit Nanny and Pa. She loves it down there, and they LOVE her. Pa actually got down in the floor and played with her, and when he got up she started fussing, so he got back down there! She loves being the center of attention, and all eyes were on her all weekend. Friday night Mama cooked for us and Cole and Jennifer.
Saturday after ME's morning nap we went back down to Nanny and Pa's for more play time. That's when she started going from laying to sitting all by herself. Just like that. She walks her hands in until she's sitting up. It was too windy to take her for a ride on the gator, but Cole, Jenn, Pa, and I took a ride around. We got to see Auntie, Sissy, and Leslie too. Saturday night we ate at Amigo Juan and watched a movie after Mary Ella went to bed.
Sunday morning ME and I went to church in Patmos and had lunch at Nanny and Pa's afterward. We got to see Jerry Don, Cathy, Caleb, Dana, Jared, and Rye. Sunday as ME was playing she was getting a little restless. She would crawl to me or Jenn and try to crawl up us. She would get on her knees and try to crawl up her plastic toy box. She was trying to pull up! She's got a ways to go on getting steady enough on her legs, but she is on her way to figuring it out. Sunday night we went to church in Hope with Cole and Jenn, and Monday we just hung around Mama's until we came home to Little Rock. It was a fun weekend! I had my camera with me, but I don't know why I didn't take any pictures! Oh well...here are a couple before we left.


She's now a girl on the go!

1 comment: