Sunday, April 18, 2010

36 Weeks

36 Weeks Old






And we have our first tooth! I thought I felt it Saturday, and it was definetely in today! Last night Mary Ella woke up around 10:30 crying. Brad and I were watching a movie, and she hasn't cried during the night in a couple months, so we knew something had to be wrong. We went downstairs to check on her, and she wasn't happy until I picked her up. I gave her some Tylenol and held her for the rest of the movie (she really wanted to sleep). When it was over I put her back to bed, and she cried for a while but went back to sleep. Poor thing must have been hurting, but I was so glad to see it came through. Well, I can't SEE it because she won't move her tongue, but I can feel it's there. She may have been a little more fussy than usual, but I'm so thankful this wasn't a huge ordeal. Yay Mary Ella!
So what did we do this week? Monday night our bunko group skipped bunko and had dinner on the patio at Casa Manana. It was my first time there, and it was pretty yummy! Tuesday morning Mary Ella and I met Lindsay and Gunnar at the playground in our neighborhood. It is really close to our house, so we just load up the stroller and head down there. We slid down the slides and let the kids play on a blanket on the ground. We have that squishy turf on the playground, so it is perfect for little ones. Then we had lunch with Brad and ran a few errands. Wednesday I REALLY cleaned the house, got groceries, and made snacks for Bible study. We hosted it at our house for the first time Wednesday night. Brad led the discussion, and we wrapped up just in time for our company to arrive- Michael and Trey. Mike had a meeting in LR Thursday, so ME and I had Trey all to ourselves. We watched cartoons, had a picnic at the playground, read books, and just played all day. Trey is sooo sweet with her. She absolutely loves watching him. They ended up taking 2 baths together, and she cried both times when I got her out because she was having so much fun. Friday morning Anna joined us. Julie had some continuing education classes here too. We had another picnic at the playground, took a nature walk, Anna read books to ME, and we watched The Princess and the Frog. We had so much fun! Brad asked me if I thought I was ready for 3 kids. I told him I could totally handle it if the other 2 were as good as Anna and Trey. Friday night we got together with more of the Marvin family and had dinner on the patio at Casa Manana (my suggestion- I think everyone liked it). Renee and Hannah were in town too, so they met us there. We had 15 people I think. Mary Ella was out late, but she did so good. Saturday morning I cooked chocolate chip and blueberry pancakes and bacon for the kids before Anna and Mike headed back for Anna's last soccer game. ME and I enjoyed our last day with Trey. Brad and I took them to Chick-fil-A for lunch and ice cream, and we let Trey play on the playground. He went home with Julie that afternoon, and I'm pretty sure Mary Ella is going to be bored when it's just her and me next week. :)
At the playground

Day 1 with Trey: We had our picnic on the blanket.


This is a happy scream.

Riding the motorcycle

Sliding down the slide- he was a little scared of the curvy one, but he was going down it by the second day! He's a very cautious kid! Don't have to worry about him getting into any trouble!

Mary Ella and I raced him down the other one.

Day 2: Picnic at the table
Trey is wearing Brad's hat. I was so worried about sunburn, but thankfully our playground is very shady.

Anna wearing my hat. By the end of the day this girl was doing the monkey bars all by herself!

Waiting patiently during lunch

Watching the big kids



This is the only face she would make.


I love these days!
P.S. We have a baby chipmunk at our house! Well, I guess we have a whole chipmunk family. I saw the mama drinking out of the fountain and noticed a little head poking out of the rocks. The mom raced down the hill and out came the baby! They play in our landscaping in the back yard. The baby is probably 2 inches long! It is the cutest thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment