Sunday, July 19, 2009

Ninth Month

Well, my ninth month started off with a bang! Brad's parents came to Little Rock to visit, and I thought it would be nice for his mom and me to get a pedicure. As I was picking out my color, I dropped a whole thing of pink polish on the floor, the bottle shattered, and the polish went all over the salon's cabinet, the floor, and splattered my feet and legs. Great- clumsy me! I was embarrassed, but got over it pretty quick because it was a truly wonderful pedicure. Then as we were leaving the salon I was backing out of the parking lot and CRASH! A lady in a big, black Navigator smashed into my back bumper. I say she hit me, but of course it was my fault for pulling out in front of her. So, all of that happened before noon. I would have cried anyway about the fender bender, because I get so upset when I do something like that, but the lady was mean and once the pregnancy tears start to flow they just keep coming. I cried like all day. It was horrible.

Other than that, I have been feeling great! Trying to take it easy and spending lots of time by the pool. I am going to the doctor every week now, and we are only a few weeks away from Mary Ella's arrival. I have had another ultrasound to check on her kidneys, and the cyst is still there. But I have been assured that her kidneys are functioning normally and not to worry. It is just something we will have to watch, and I am still praying that it goes away. The doctor estimates that she will weigh about 6 pounds, but that's hard to believe with Brad as her daddy. We'll see! The countdown has begun!

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl! What a rough morning!!! I'm sorry! I remember those pregnancy tears, and you're right! They just don't stop once the get rolling!!! I'm glad to hear you found a doctor in LR. We are coming that way mid-August. Hopefully I can see you while we're there! Whittney Mahan is moving there at the beginning of August so I want to try to see her too!

    ReplyDelete