Thursday, July 23, 2009

My Talented Friends

No baby yet, so here's more baby stuff! One of my best friends from Mississippi that I taught third grade with is a very talented artist. Even though she recently moved to Kansas and now I'm in Little Rock, she was still willing to do some art for Mary Ella's room. She painted three canvases. The first one is to hang on the door at the hospital with her birth stats. Then it will go in her room of course. She patterned the dress after a Strasburg dress I bought the day I found out I was having a girl. These are sooo special to me. Thank you, Ann Elise for taking my ideas and making them 10 times better!

This one will hang on the door to her room. The girl doesn't have a chance of being anything but a Razorback fan.
Isn't this one beautiful? I noticed this Bible verse during this year's Mother's Day sermon about Mary, the mother of Jesus. This is how the angel Gabriel greeted Mary when he appeared to her. What a greeting! After he told Mary what was going to happen she said, "I am the Lord's servant." Our Mary surely will not have this type of responsibility, but my prayer is that the Lord will be with her always and that she will serve Him.

Another good friend I taught with can sew anything. Aren't I lucky!? She did several onesies for me. This first one is funny because her initials spell "me." I thought that might be weird, but I think it turned out so cute. Thanks Leslie for taking some time off from Addison's wardrobe to work on Mary Ella's!
Pig Sooiee!

Cute little piggy- so soft!

She also sewed fabric on cloth diapers for burp cloths. I won't even tell you how many I asked her to make, but it was ridiculous! They turned out SO cute though! A lady at church monogrammed all of them on top of that! They're almost too pretty to puke on.

Probably don't ask her to do burp cloths, but if you're interested in Leslie's creations you should visit http://bobbinsandbows.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. How cute!! Aren't little girls just so much fun to buy for? We are anxiously awaiting our little girl (Presley)! I love your blog and keep up with you through Rita too! We keep you & Mary Ella in our prayers! Presley is set to arrive August 17th so not much longer after you deliver! Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete