Sunday, January 3, 2016

Christmas Parties


Brad took Rhett to his preschool Christmas party.  I asked him to take pictures, and this is what he sent me...

Looks like he had a good time, right?
This pic was taken at about 7 am on the morning of ME's Christmas party at school.  We had to leave early to pick up donuts for her morning party.  Plus, I had a class to teach.  Yes, I'm back in school.  I've been doing a little bit of subbing, but I told the principal I would be interested in doing a maternity leave for one of the pre-K teachers in the spring, and she said yes!  This was supposed to be from February to Mayish.  Then, the next week in the car line, she said she had another opportunity for me...a 4th grade maternity leave.  For an old friend I used to teach with.  I couldn't say no.  She was adopting a baby that was due December 21st.  Guess who came early?  I worked the 2 weeks before Christmas vacation.  Plus, I'm homeroom mom for Mary Ella's class, so I had to pull off that party while teaching.  It's been exhausting and nerve-wracking and exciting and unexpected.  But it is a good opportunity for me to get my foot in the door at ME's school and get some experience since I've been out of the classroom for sooo long.  I can't say 100% that I'm ready to go back, but I've been feeling a pull since ME has started.  Like I needed to be up there doing something.  And I've volunteered, but I've just had an itch to get back in the classroom.  Plus, I know it's coming when Rhett's start school, so I think I'm trying to mentally prepare.  I just don't want to miss out on the sweet time I have left with him.  Ummm...crying, yeah, I can't really talk about that.  Onward!

I had a ton of moms volunteering in my 4th grade class, so I got to sneak down for some time at ME's party.
We love Mrs. Marshall!  Didn't the gift we made turn out so cute?!
ME's new pose
That afternoon at school, there was a Christmas sing-a-long in the cafeteria that was so fun!  ME got to come over and sit in my lap, so that was special!  Now on to Christmas break!
Our first family Christmas was with the Harriman side of the family.  Always a good time!

No comments:

Post a Comment