Thursday, April 18, 2013

Sunday's Proud Mama Moments


So, Brad has had mono again.  Thankfully, he's feeling a little better, but we are both worn out from it.  The poor guy can't just get sick and be sick.  He has 2 squealing kids in the next room while he's trying to rest.  And he has a wife that tries to take care of him, but I know my expression says, "when are you going to feel better so you can help me???"  So, I wasn't exactly feeling encouraged on the second straight Sunday of getting the kids up and ready and off to church on my own.  Then, God totally changed my attitude.  I was ironing clothes and talking to Rhett in the kitchen.  He ran past me and to the door, grabbed the handle, and said, "go bye, bye."  This is normal.  I said, "We're getting ready to go to church.  Do you want to go to Bible class?"  He squealed and did his little back and forth on each foot dance.  Then he started saying, "B-I? B-I?"  I figured out he was talking about the "B-I-B-L-E" song.  I started singing it, and he did too!  He can sing the tune, but only says the letters "BIBIB."  Then, on the way to church "Redeemed" came on KLOVE, and he sang the "deemed" part of "redeemed" and the "eee" part of "free."  I swung my head around, and I was like, "Mary Ella did he just sing part of that song?"  She said, "yes" and sang the whole chorus.  Which I didn't know she could do either!  If you don't know that song, it is one of my favorites, and the chorus goes like this:

I am redeemed
You set me free
So, I'll take off these heavy chains
And wipe away every stain
Cause I'm not who I used to be
I am redeemed

Y'all!  I was so proud!  So many days I feel like such a failure as a mom.  Sometimes I think I'm doing a good job and other days I fall so short of what I want and ought to be.  But then the little critters surprise me, and if nothing else, I am trying my hardest to teach them the Bible.  Those 2 little pieces were enough to turn my day around.  And then, Rhett has sat through the last 2 Sunday mornings fairly quietly.  Thank you, Jesus!  So, if you happen to think your kids are too young to learn or get anything out of worship, think again!  Rhett is only 17 months old!  They are the most impressionable right now!  After Bible class last night, ME got down on her knees and showed me how Jesus prayed in the garden of Gethsemane, and she called it that.  And she can belt out songs from church.  We sing a lot at our house, but lately she has surprised me with ones I know I haven't taught her, she has picked them up simply from listening in worship.  These little moments are some of the proudest for this Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment