Thursday, June 3, 2010

42 Weeks

42 Weeks Old



I love this one!


Cute booty
Wow! 42 weeks sounds awfully close to 52! Where has the time gone? This week was a busy one! Mary Ella had a low grade fever a couple days and was a little coughy, sneezy, and snotty, but we continued on with all we had planned. I keep expecting more teeth, but maybe it was just a cold? Monday we did our usual: cleaning and laundry. Then the Dancing with the Stars finale...I was hoping for Erin Andrews to win, but Nicole really was the best dancer. Tuesday after swim lessons we had lunch with Lindsay, Gunnar, and Nita at Izzy's. Wednesday morning the Allen's came into town. They would be staying with us while Jim had surgery at the VA. It was great to visit with Amy and Linda, and we're so glad everything went well! Wednesday night I made dinner for our guests, and we had Bible study at the Cooper's. We decided to continue to meet during the summer (Lifegroups usually take a break for summer). Thursday we had our last swim lesson, and I made yummy chicken spaghetti with the Tontitown pasta Linda brought. Friday we met Daddy for lunch at Pei Wei and then had a little playdate with Gunnar. While the kids played, Lindsay and I made plans for Jeni, Jill, and Dennia's TRIPLE baby shower at my house in July. Should be fun! Friday night Brad and I watched a rented movie (that is our version of a date these days). :) Saturday we planned on meeting Jamie, Amanda, and Ava at Riverfest, but decided to save our $60 (had no idea tickets cost that much!) and ate lunch at the Flying Fish instead. That night our pool opened, so we just HAD to go get in. It felt great, and guess who was there? Our friends Lindsay, Thor, and Gunnar! Sunday morning we said goodbye to our house guests and did our usual: church, lunch, and nap. Sunday night after church we had dinner with the Melson's at Mimi's, and then Lindsay and I met Dennia and Holly at the movies for a girls' night. Monday was Memorial Day, and Daddy decided not to go to work anyway. Yay! He did some yard work that morning, and then we had the Melson's over for lunch. We grilled hamburgers and ate on the patio. After the kiddos played and napped, we went down to the pool again. I have a feeling we will live down there this summer! Mary Ella loves it!
This is Mary Ella's new face. She makes it all the time, waits for me to make it back, and laughs. She is cracking me up lately! She is doing and learning more all the time. This week she started saying, "ma, ma, ma, ma." It is the sweetest sound to my ears! The other day I buckled her into her carseat, and she smiled at me and said, "Mama!" I don't think she knows what it means yet, but I can pretend. This week I taught her how to give five. I hold my hand up and she smacks it. She can even give me five down low! She is crawling EVERYWHERE, pulling up on EVERYTHING, and is having a ball doing it. She is so STRONG! She has started throwing and snatching things. It's crazy! She will be on her hands and knees, get her feet under her and jump with her hands on the ground. She kicks like a donkey! I love our days together whether we are hanging out at home or out and about. This age is so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment