Saturday, April 4, 2009

First Easter Basket

I made Mary Ella's first Easter basket the other day. It was so much fun! I'm really not artsy crafty, but I got the idea from a baby store and thought I could copy it. I think it turned out just perfect! Easter was always a special holiday in my family. I loved decorating eggs and hunting for the prize egg. I remember hunting eggs in the clover at Paradise. That was the name of a particular piece of Nanny and Pa's land. We would always take a picnic lunch of fried chicken and potato salad. At Mimi and Daddy Law's we would hunt eggs in the ivy on the side of their house. Mimi made the best deviled eggs, and there was always an abundance of Cadbury's. I must have participated in the Easter egg hunts a little too long, because my mother-in-law laughs at pictures of me still carrying my Easter basket as I got older. I can't wait to start our own Easter traditions with Mary Ella. Hopefully she will enjoy her Easter basket as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment