Saturday, November 28, 2015

Rhett's 4th birthday party

Rhett's 4th birthday party was the easiest one I've ever done.  Julie and I decided to do a joint party for Rhett and Gracie at the Amazeum.  They pretty much provided everything but the cake.  Now, Rhett was set on a Star Wars Rebels cake.  I don't even know what that is.  He doesn't even know what that is.  I guess he's gotten interested in Star Wars because he hears Eli and Trey talking about it.  I just couldn't do a Star Wars cake.  I'm sorry.  I showed him pictures of dinosaur cakes, robot cakes, truck cakes, Ninja Turtle cakes, Lego cakes, but he wasn't having any of it until I mentioned army men.  So, we settled on army men cupcakes.  So...I purchased $15 Sams cupcakes and a bag of plastic army men, and I squished them down into the icing on top.  Bam!  It was mostly a family party with a few friends thrown in.  The kids started in the museum, we took a break for cake and presents, and then back to play.  Everyone enjoyed themselves!









So ornery at 4 years!



There was a new dinosaur exhibit!  The party was on a Sunday, and sis was just at the museum on a field trip the Wednesday before.  She told us that they were working on a dinosaur exhibit, but we had no idea it would be open.  It was perfect for Rhett!  He kept coming to me and saying, "Let's go back to the Jurassic World."

In my opinion this is the coolest thing at the museum, a topographic map that changes as you create it.  You can move the sand to make mountains, valleys, and waterways.  So cool!



Happy birthday to you!









Gracie had a Cinderella cake!
Present time!




























Iphone party pics...
Yes, they ended up completely soaked!

No comments:

Post a Comment