Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Mary Ella turns 5!

 I cannot believe my baby is 5!!!  We'll get to all the sappy, sentimental stuff later.  Let's just take a look at the day of your 5th birthday.  Mommy tried to make it as special as you are!  First of all, Mia was here, which was the icing on your cake.  You woke up to streamers and balloons outside your door.  Currently 1 of the 5 balloons is still hanging on, but I don't know how because you and your brother have bonked them around every waking minute since I almost passed out blowing them up! ;)
 We went downstairs, and Mia let you open her gift to you.  It was a Zarina costume for you to wear for your pirate/fairy birthday party!  This was at the top of your wishlist, so you were super pumped and had it on before breakfast!



I found a recipe for cake batter pancakes not long ago and waited to try it out on the birthday day.  You loved the sprinkles and candles!

 After breakfast, you and brother pelted each other with balloons while Mia and I got ready for our girls' day out.  Aunt Jenn arrived just in time to join us!  We took Rhett to NaNa's house, and you got to pick our lunch spot, Mellow Mushroom. 
 After lunch, we had pedicures!  Ahhh!  You chose purple with green polka dots.

 And of course, there was a stop at Rick's Bakery for a sweet treat!
What did Rhett do on your 5th birthday?  I walked in our guest bath to find this...he made a jungle in the bathroom!
All day you kept saying, "Mommy, thank you for making my birthday so special."  You topped it off with a date night to Marketplace with Daddy.  Funny at lunch time: One of your gifts I gave you early was a memory book for your school years.  You brought it to lunch and looked at it while we waited on our food.  You pointed to the older grades and said that you couldn't wait to grow up. Aunt Jenn assured you that you could, because when you grow up you have to go to college and get a job.  You said, "I'm not going to college or getting a job."  I said, "Well, how are you going to pay for stuff?"  You said, "My husband will pay for everything..." says the five year old getting a pedicure!  Oh my!  I about died!  We had a little talk about how it's not quite that simple...aaand that's why you should just enjoy being 5!  Ha!  Happy birthday, sweet, darling Mary Ella!

No comments:

Post a Comment