Monday, August 19, 2013

Satur-play

 Saturday was one fun-filled family day!  It started with breakfast at Mama Z's.  Then Brad decided it would be fun to go the Gentry Zoo/Safari.  Let me tell you, the kids loved it!  We drove through and saw all kinds of animals, then we went all through the petting areas, and topped it off with Mary Ella riding a camel!
That's a real turtle.


Bitty baby pig






 Don't let the above picture fool you.  Most of the animals we petted were not behind cages.  I cannot tell you the anxiety I felt chasing this rough boy around in a cage of wild, ok probably tame, animals...pigs, goats, cows, kangaroos, turtles, rabbits, chickens, ducks, geese, peacocks.  It was like a free for all!  I just knew he was going to grab a handful of fur and leave without a finger.  ME had a pig and a goat bite and take away her paper bag of food.  It was a little unsettling.

Every emu we passed came right up to our window and looked in.  I had my finger on the button to roll it up when we passed one of these.

Rhett took some close-ups of the animals with my phone ;)


Longhorn lick



I was about to get a great pic of the zebra, but Brad rolled the window down and freaked me out!
After the zoo, we grabbed lunch, picked up Gigi and Papa, and headed out to Madison County.  ME has been saying she wants to climb a mountain and go behind a waterfall.  I think the mountain thing came from our drive back home on 540 last week.  She was admiring the scenery and kept saying, "I want to climb a mountain like that."  And I'm not sure where the waterfall piece came from, probably tv.  Anyway, I told her her Daddy knew where a waterfall was.  We went hiking at his Aunt and Uncle's property waaay back in the day, and he had taken me to a beautiful natural spring.  I climbed up underneath it, and he took a picture of me.  Still have it.  I was wearing a Texas sweatshirt and an Arkansas hat. ;)  Anyway, the original plan for the day was to "climb a mountain" and "go behind a waterfall." I'm not sure how the zoo got thrown in, but I wish I would have saved my phone battery for the mountain and waterfall pictures.  It was so fun and so beautiful to experience it with our firstborn.  We had a great visit with Aunt Judy, and Rhett and ME got to play with their cousin Haley, ride a tractor, a four-wheeler, a Ranger, pick apples and feed horses, go fishing, wade in the creek, roll around with some dogs, throw lots of rocks, and have a good ol' time in the country.  It was the best day!

No comments:

Post a Comment