Friday, July 12, 2013

Sick Week

Poor baby boo boo has had a rough week.  It started with fever on Sunday.  He seemed better on Monday until he woke up from his nap with more fever.  And it got high, high.  Tuesday I took him to the doctor (didn't really want to choose and meet our new ped with a sick visit, but oh well) and his throat looked really red and had white spots on it.  The quick strep test was negative, but the doctor sent it off for culture, and we waited on meds until we found the results.  High fever came again Tuesday night.  I basically gave him round the clock meds, and he slept with me for 2 nights because I was so worried about him having a seizure.  I know that sounds dramatic, but I've never dealt with fever in the 103s and I didn't like it one bit.  He got several tepid bathes and hated me for it, but it worked.  Wednesday he was feeling better, and I only had to give him 2 doses of fever meds for low temps.  Thursday, he was fever free, not really up to par, but his strep test came back negative.  We decided it must have been a virus, and I was happy to see it was on the way out.  Until this morning...he woke up with matted eyes with yucky yellow goo.  Back to the doctor we went, a different doctor, by the way.  He confirmed that it looked like pink eye and found that one of his ears looked infected.  We have already started antibiotics and eye drops.  What a weird combination of ailments you came up with there, Rhett!  Needless to say, Mama and sister are ready to get OUT of this hotel, but more importantly, we're ready for brother to feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment