Tuesday, May 4, 2010

First Swim Lesson

Bathing beauty in her yellow polka dot bikini


Plus cover-up

Plus hat


This sweet little face didn't know what she was in for today, and neither did I! I registered Mary Ella for swim lessons at the LR Athletic Club, and we had our first lesson today. We are trying it out every Tuesday and Thursday for a month. She liked the water as I thought she would, but the dunking, not so much. She soon learned what "1,2,3 blow in your face" meant, and she didn't like it. Mommy didn't like it much either! She would start shaking when I would count, and came up coughing and choking. Poor thing! I had thought I was doing a good thing in the bathtub by always pouring water over her head. But all that did was prepare her for water in her eyes. She actually kept her eyes open every time under the water! It was kind of weird! Anyway, she never cried or fussed, just hung on for dear life. I think she did really well, and it was probably more tramatic for me than it was for her. Hopefully she will get the hang of holding her breath and will really enjoy the pool this summer. And, hey, I'm already working on my tan!
P.S. When we showed up we found Gunnar, Grace, and Ava are in our class! Should be fun with friends!

1 comment:

  1. It was an itsy, bitsy, teeny, weeny, yellow, polka dot bikini! So cute!

    ReplyDelete